Friday, April 8, 2011

Journal Sixteen


My goal at first was to take a photo of graffiti that I enjoy seeing places, like street art incorporated into graffiti. I then realized that when I was looking for more artistic graffiti that there is so much more that are used as vandalism to write or tag to get a gang or person's name/initials out into public. For example, this one is on a cigarette disposal with some sort of acronym, but there is no artistic value, to me, at all. I disagree with graffiti that is done like this; this I consider a low form of vandalism because it seems to merely be done for the sake of having the acronym be put out there, almost as a sign of territory. I think this was formed by someone who is part of a gang or is a writer that simply tags items to get his name out there. It was probably done at night while they slyly pretended to be just standing by the cigarette disposal, then walked quickly away. I think its sad seeing simple objects look trashy because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment